|According to the US National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH):|
- Allergic reactions are among the most common conditions that adversely affect the health of personnel involved in the care and use of animals in research.
- Symptoms of allergies include sneezing, nasal congestion, itchy eyes and cough.
- Some personnel may even develop asthma or other respiratory disorders.
- Personnel should protect themselves from exposure to animals and animal products.
- Seek medical attention in case allergy symptoms develop.